We are one of a only a few builders in the Western New York area that ONLY build Energy Star 3.1 rated and certified homes. We built our first Energy Star Home in 2000, and have built hundreds more since.
We were the first builder in the area to partner withNYSERDA and Energy Star and since then, committed to building ONLY Energy Star 3.1 Rated homes.
We also built the FIRST NAHB Emerald Certified Green Home in New York State!
Our homes are certified and held accountable to a much higher standard than our competitors. The finished homes have better indoor air quality & energy efficiency and our construction practices are friendlier to the environment.
- better for the environment
- better indoor air quality
- high level of energy efficiency
Learn more about what a Complete Thermal Enclosure system is:?NYSERDA Guide
For those that merely care about the cost savings, it makes financial sense as the upfront cost of building it better, returns itself through significant savings in your monthly utility bills.
We believe our commitment to Energy Star speaks volumes about the character of our company and the quality of our homes. Why don’t the other builders certify their homes? well, maybe they can’t.
If the environment is something you care about and work towards preserving, then we are standing on common ground.
To earn the ENERGY STAR, a home must meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Homes achieve this level of performance through a complete package of building science measures including:
- A Complete Thermal Enclosure System Comprehensive air sealing, properly installed insulation, and high-performance windows work together to enhance comfort, improve durability, reduce maintenance costs, and lower monthly utility bills.
- A Complete Heating and Cooling System High-efficiency systems that are engineered and installed to deliver more comfort, better moisture control, improved indoor air quality, and quieter operation.
- A Complete Water Management System A comprehensive package of best building practices and materials protects roofs, walls and foundations from water damage, provides added protection, and reduces the risk of indoor air quality problems.
- Energy-Efficient Lighting and Appliances ENERGY STAR certified lighting, appliances, and fans are commonly installed throughout ENERGY STAR certified homes, helping to reduce monthly utility bills, while providing high-quality performance.